Thanks to Jamie for this award nomination. She's got strong opinions, wisdom, and is a fun writer. She's also married to my cousin.
Rules for the Award
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
Jamie's five questions and my answers:
- If an employee under extreme stress says (verbally or written) something that is construed as insensitive to a group of people (age, gender, religion, orientation, etc), should that employee be terminated/ not have their contract renewed, or should they be given one more chance if they agree to some sort of approved sensitivity training reeducation program?
- There are certainly some situations where it's unforgivable. But, on the whole, educating someone like that is the best chance to create change. If they're just fired, they might get angrier and become more prejudiced. A little compassion and learning could potentially create another ally instead, which is certainly more valuable.
- After graduation from high school, maybe college. Once you can legit afford to go buy your own bags of candy with your own money, it's time to stop taking and start giving.
- Support. I don't know if there is enough vaccine for it to be global, but we need it to be, or else this is just going to keep mutating.
My country needs to educate people, needs to reach out to the community leaders who are holding people back.
My local area needs about half of our state legislature to accept the reality of the virus and fight for the health of the people of our commonwealth. (So far, of the 1,230,000 cases here, 27,838 have died.)
I feel like I know more people who were infected, and some who died. My personal experience of pain and loss is above the curve (more than 1 of every 100 people I know), so I'm biased.
I'm also worried for the vaccinated people who are potentially back in danger due to the eligible-but-unvaccinated-by-choice people and the de-masking suggestion that came too soon.
- No. And fines shouldn't be flat fees. Yes, it would be more difficult to figure out how much money an ultra-rich person is actually worth and fine accordingly by percent. But a $200 fine is half a paycheck to some people and an absolute joke to others. One person could lose their home and the other spends more on nail care every week. That isn't a crime deterrent. Plus, many of those famous people become leaders, so they set behavioral examples. If anything, they need to be held to a higher level of accountability.
- I like leftover turkey with eggs. (Scrambled, poached, over-easy 🍳🥚 whatever.)
https://www.spendwithpennies.com/turkey-cranberry-pasta-salad/ There. That covers both question options.
My five questions:
- 😷💉 How seriously are you taking the pandemic? On a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 means you have done nothing and don't even really believe in it, 10 means you've masked, vaccinated, and reached out to your political leaders and such to ask them to help you and your people.
- What are your thoughts, opinions, and feelings in regard to the Kindle Vella? https://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella
- https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/voting-laws-roundup-july-2021 In the United States, voting rights are changing. Do you feel that it should be more difficult to vote in elections and that there shouldn't be as many eligible Americans permitted to vote? Or do you feel that it should be easier to vote in elections and every person of sound mind living in the United States and territories should be permitted to vote and have their vote count equally?
- "Jeopardy!' was hosted by Alex Trebek, who has passed away. Who do you hope the new host will be, or do you think they should just continue with celebrity guests?
- If you had 200 billion dollars, what are some things you might do with your money, and would one of them be sending yourself into space? 🚀