Another round of the A to Z Challenge is here! My theme is:
A speculative fiction short story from a dreamer
The story outline started with a dream I had. (I'm the dreamer.) It's a dystopian setting that, in my dream, was in a future not far away. There will be an actual dream sequence as well, thanks to one of the prompts I've been given for this month. (Because trying to write a short story on the fly sounded like a *good* idea. I might be a little nuts. 😵🤪 )
- J's dystopian dream
- time/space travelers arrive on a planet that has been settled by space pioneers or an alien race
- time travel (x2)
- another species on Earth suddenly got the upper hand
- an alien who's on the run from an overlord race prepared to take over earth and who falls in love with a baker who just happens to be working undercover for the Dept of Homeland Security
- a storm system that isn't exactly weather
- 'Implants'? Memory implants, for example. Or vitamin implants.
- something underwater for your setting
- pansexual couple hooking up for the first time
- tardigrade (Tardigrades, known colloquially as water bears or moss piglets, are a phylum of eight-legged segmented micro-animals.)
- electricity isn't working, something crucial for the protagonist isn't working but something they never thought they needed, does?
- girl's name: Jade
- dream of things like grass, and running through fields.
- Guinea Pig World ruled by Biggles
- chimera hermaphrodite or sexual organ ambiguity main character
- An alien society (or character) that travels only within mind-space dimensions
- Palio di Siena, in an alternative universe where the occupants of the Contrades are the animals after which each Contrade is named
- "The main theme of the song revolves around the post-war period and the diversification brought about through war and destruction" (ipl). "warns against a coming apocalypse while cataloging horrific visions" (Rolling Stone) "But this rain was abstract rather than literal. “It’s not the fallout rain,” Dylan said." (Rolling Stone)