Sunday, February 5, 2023

Proof of Existence Update #IWSG


Shout-out to Alex and the awesome co-hosts for today: Jacqui Murray, Ronel Janse van Vuuren, Pat Garcia, and Gwen Gardner!




Feb 1 question -


If you are an Indie author, do you make your own covers or purchase them? If you publish trad, how much input do you have about what goes on your cover?

I won one, had help making others.

Please also visit: The Insecure Writer's Support Group Book Club on Goodreads.

My post is publishing a few days late. My focus is on finishing the next book in the Existence series. Nearly every minute at my computer is spent doing that.

I'd like to say I didn't notice that the first Wednesday happened on the first because I've been staring at a 2006 calendar for months. Except that 2006 lines up perfectly with 2023!

So really, it's just that I haven't paid much attention to anything except getting this book ready for publication.

🎉 I intend to release Proof of Existence on April 4, 2023. 🎆


It picks up where the first book left off. It is still a Speculative Fiction / Urban Fantasy, set in 2006, though this one focuses a bit more on the paranormal romance angle. The main characters pass for the 18–29 age bracket, so it's still New Adult. (Though college is no longer one of Wend's primary concerns. She has something entirely different to learn now.) 
I hope to get a launch party going. If you are interested in helping out, please fill out this short form:
https://forms.gle/9qkdk6FheDtZvR7Y9



(Thank you to Natalie, Kate, Ronel, Christine, Yolanda, and Toi for your support. I will be in touch. 😎 ❤ )

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I almost missed this month's post. I thought the first was on a Thursday. I wish you all the best with your release. I started the first book but put it down because I kept getting distracted by life. I like the premise and plan to pick it back up when I can realy pay attention to what I'm reading. Based on the book club discussion, I'm really excited about finishing the story as soon as I can get my head in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what that's like. Dealt with quiet a bit of it the last two or three years. Couldn't enjoy some favorite activities. It is rough. I hope life cuts you a break soon!

      Delete
  2. Awesome you have a book release planned. I'm glad to help shout out about it in my Follower News when it releases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're focused on the book and that's good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VERY focused. Trying to retool something in Act 3 that 🎯 is just missing the mark a little bit.

      Delete

Welcome! Please let me know how to find you to say hello back.
What is your favorite fiction genre to read?