Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Writing Software #IWSG @ScrivenerApp @ScrivenerCoach


Shout-out to Alex and the awesome co-hosts for today: JS Pailly, Rebecca Douglass, Pat Garcia, Louise-Fundy Blue, and Natalie Aguirre!




July 3 question -


What are your favorite writing processing (e.g. Word, Scrivener, yWriter, Dabble), writing apps, software, and tools? Why do you recommend them? And which one is your all time favorite that you cannot live without and use daily or at least whenever you write?

Plot Your Book In A Month...With Scrivener
Joseph Michael's course on using the Scrivener App, the writing program, really helped me. Plot Your Book In A Month...With Scrivener by Stephanie Draven REALLY helped. (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25816650-plot-your-book-in-a-month-with-scrivener My review has mysteriously vanished. The book is no longer for sale, so... sorry. 🤷🏽‍♂️)

I like the way I can organize by Chapter. Also, I like the split-screen option, so I can have my notes up in one area and type in the other. Before Scrivener, I would open multiple instances of Word, or multiple tabs on Google Docs, or have notepad open as well as the word processor. 

Scrivener requires some learning to be useful. Just messing around isn't honestly the best way to master it because there are cool hidden features. Apparently, there's a fair difference between Windows and Mac.

I dislike it when I'm in the midst of a project and the app wants to be updated the next day, and then I have to figure out how to navigate the changes. I love the autosave feature (set to however many seconds). I've never used an "app" version on a mobile device, so I cannot speak to that. 
  




📚https://www.nationalbook.org/adventure/Summer Reading Adventure (based in the United States). 🕮 Adventurers must submit by August 31, 2024. (There doesn't appear to be an actual "signing up" stage. You just kinda do the activities.) I plan to keep track this summer here, on my blog.

Summer Reading Adventure 2024

WEP


#AtoZChallenge 2024

7 comments:

  1. Pen and paper -- then Word -- is still my go-to :-)

    Ronel visiting for IWSG day A Round-Up of Resources For Writers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never attempted Scrivener in any format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Scrivener works for you. I think lots of writers in our group use it. I just use Word, and it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People either love or hate that program. I've never tried it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those updates always come with I need to get something done! Arrg.
    https://cleemckenziebooks.substack.com/p/something-new-this-way-comes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi J! I hope all is well with you. I am a Word user, and at this point in my life I don't want to take on a new program. Enjoy your summer reading adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the pleasure of working closely with Mr Pedro for several years as business partners. During the time that Pedro and his loan company team served as the Mortgage Representative for my home also for my business financing and he helped me closing off loans which really helped me in my business today, we were consistently far above our goal, and this can only be attributable to Mr Pedro's hard work. I appreciate your hard work and also big thanks to your team for helping me with a loan to grow my business. If you are looking for a loan of any kind, contact Mr Pedro on.... pedroloanss@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +393510140339 Mr Pedro is an honest loan officer working with a huge number of investors willing to finance any project.
    Thankfully, over time our relationship grew beyond work and I’m still happy to call him a trusted friend.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Please let me know how to find you to say hello back.
What is your favorite fiction genre to read?