Wednesday, June 5, 2024

IWSG, Summer Reading Adventure, WEP, updates


Shout-out to Alex and the awesome co-hosts for today: Liza at Middle Passages, Shannon Lawrence, Melissa Maygrove, and Olga Godim!


June 5 question - In this constantly evolving industry, what kind of offering/service do you think the IWSG should consider offering to members?



I'm happy with this monthly bloghop check-in. There was a book club, and I LOVED that. I loved finding new-to-me books there and discussions with others. But I guess it wasn't popular enough. I don't know an answer here. Maybe members with popular social media pages ("Bookstagram") accounts would want to offer to showcase new book releases from members??? I don't feel that I qualify as such a person, so I can't detail the plan better. I believe my socials really only reach the speculative fiction crowd (fantasy, sci-fi, etc). I'm not a marketing expert, I just learn what I can. 

This question is hard. I'm going to talk about a reading challenge now.




📚https://www.nationalbook.org/adventure/Summer Reading Adventure (based in the United States). 🕮 Adventurers must submit by August 31, 2024. (There doesn't appear to be an actual "signing up" stage. You just do the activities.) I plan to keep track this summer here, on my blog.

Summer Reading Adventure 2024

WEP - June is an update month. My spouse and I have been dealing with some rough life stuff. I've got family members going through hard times. I can't talk about everything that's going on right now, but some of it is definitely stranger than fiction. I'm having Internet issues lately, too. It is always something, isn't it? And a friend who usually helps me has dislocated her wrist, so she's not available right now. 


#AtoZChallenge 2024 - Road Tripping. I'm behind on visiting the Reflections. I'm behind on everything right now. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're dealing with family issues right now. It's good that your husband and you are supporting each other through them. Good luck with your internet issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like having book recommendations, too. Good idea. Here's to all those family troubles dissolving soon.
    https://cleemckenziebooks.substack.com/p/welcoming-june

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're going through rough times. And internet issues make it worse.
    Your idea about sharing and promoting other books gave me an idea. I will run it by Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry everything is hitting you at once.

    Sharing, promoting, and reviewing would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, J! It sounds like you're going through a tough time right now. I hope things improve and get easier. I loved the book club too, and I bought and read a number of members' books because of it. Your summer reading adventure looks like fun. I can't add more to my schedule though. Right now I'm happy just to read. Take care! Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is usually stranger than fiction... Hugs.

    Ronel visiting for IWSG day Cantering Dark Horses

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! Please let me know how to find you to say hello back.
What is your favorite fiction genre to read?